What Type of Cases Can the Legal Nurse Consultant Assist with?
For the past 13 years I have used my advanced practice experience as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) and a Legal Nurse Consultant (LNC) to offer support in medically-related litigation and other medical-legal matters in a variety of practice areas.
Services I provide
- assist with initial case screenings for merit
- identify standards of care, causation and damage issues
- conduct research and summarize medical literature
- identify and apply standards of care and regulatory requirements
- prepare chronologies of medical events and compare and correlate them to the allegations
- provide education regarding medical facts and issues relevant to the case
- identify and determine damages and related costs of services
- assist with depositions and trials, including developing and preparing exhibits
- assist with client, attorney and expert witness communication
- identify and retain, or act as, expert witnesses
- assist in mediation and arbitration